Email issues: I can't send or receive email!
Hello! I cannot send or receive email via Outlook and webmail!
Did you modify your domain via "WHM > DNS functions > Edit DNS zone"? If yes, please drop a ticket to support.westnic.net and we will fix DNS zone for you.
Did you add domain name recently? If yes, please allow at least 24-48 hours for DNS propagation.
If you still cannot send or receive email, please check the following settings:
- Incoming and outgoing mail servers are always mail.yourdomain.com! Do not use anything like pop3.yourdomain.com
- SSL must be disabled! If you wish to use SSL, please contact WestNIC for correct SMTP and POP3 servers.
- Please do not use short names like "mike". You must use full usernames "email@example.com".
- Please check your password. It's cAsE sensItiVe.
- Please make sure that port 25 is opened. Most providers are blocking port 25, so please change it to 2525
- Please try to send email via webmail (yourdomain.com/webmail). If you can send and receive, that means you have invalid setup on your personal computer (with email client such as Eudora, Outlook Express, The Bat! etc)
Still no luck? No problem! Please drop a ticket to support.westnic.net with: firstname.lastname@example.org and password. We will provide correct mail settings or fix invalid setup (dns, secondary mx etc).
Back to HowTos