Add Google Apps to your domain name
If you wish to add Google Apps, for example, mail, calendar, weather etc to your domain name, please follow these steps:
1. Sign up for google apps services: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/editions.html
6. If you need any assistance with setup, please submit ticket to https://support.westnic.net/ .
2. Activate your service with Google
3. Change MX settings via WHM > DNS Functions > Edit MX Entry > Select domain name. Please use ALL MX records provided by Google. If you use one or two, mail most likely fail since many users utilize Google Apps.
4. Wait for 12 hours (DNS propagation / Google Apps service activation).
5. Configure MX Records in WHM:
Priority 10 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Priority 20 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Priority 20 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Priority 30 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Priority 30 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Please remember: you cannot use both Google Apps and our mail servers.
Back to HowTos